Meningococcal Vaccination Webinar
Thursday, May 12, 2016 at noon
To view the archived webinar, click here.
Webinar description and objectives:
The webinar will provide an overview of meningitis in the US and the importance of meningococcal vaccines. The speakers will also discuss the different meningococcal serotypes, the coverage available from the previous vaccines, recommendations for the new Men B vaccine, and Vaccines for Children (VFC) status and availability of all meningococcal vaccines for children in West Virginia.
By the end of this training, you will be able to:
1. Provide an overview of meningococcal disease;
2. Identify meningococcal immunization recommendations; and
3. Describe meningococcal vaccination requirements in West Virginia.
1. Sherri A. Young, DO, FAAFP, "Immunization Officer" and Physician Director, West Virginia Division of Immunization Services. Click here for Dr. Young's presentation slides.
2. Jeffrey Neccuzi, BS, Director, West Virginia Division of Immunization Services. Click here for Jeff Neccuzi's presentation slides.
Click here for the WIN slides.
WVDHHR's Meningococcal Fact Sheet
Nursing CEUs: 1.2 contact hours of nursing continuing education hours will be provided through the WVDE-Office of Special Education-West Virginia Board of Examiners for Registered Nurses continuing education provider number WV1998-0231RN.
Nursing CEUs will also be available to those who view the archived version. To obtain nursing CEUs for viewing the archived webinar, complete this evaluation
after viewing the webinar. CE certificates do not autogenerate. Please allow up to two weeks to receive your CE certificate.
To view the archived webinar, click here